The Live Well Springfield (LWS) Age-Friendly City initiative is working to make a community where older adults can thrive and lead healthy, productive lives.
Convened by the Public Health Institute of Western Massachusetts, our Age-Friendly city process has been a collaborative process to engage the public in addressing health and wellness of older adults and all Springfield residents.
We are incorporating a Dementia Friendly focus into our planning, with the support of the Springfield Dementia Friendly Coalition, convened by Springfield Partners for Community Action. We are also working with Baystate Medical Center Geriatrics Department as they work to establish an Age-Friendly hospital
To date we have led an assessment process on housing and transportation concerns, engaged over 343 seniors from all over the city. A report will be shared at the June 13 Age-Friendly Summit.
June 13th “Let’s make Springfield an “Age-Friendly” City!
Please join us on Thursday, June 13th for the Age-Friendly Community Summit organized by Live Well Springfield to review the findings from its housing and transportation assessment and to share recommendations for an Age-Friendly Springfield. The summit will also highlight collaborative efforts for an Age-Friendly Hospital and Dementia Friendly Community.
When: Thursday, June 13th, 2019
a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Jordan Senior Center, 1476 Roosevelt Avenue, Springfield, MA 01109
For more information, please contact Samantha Hamilton, Live Well Springfield Manager, at 413-794-2807, or by email at email@example.com.
Age-Friendly City Initiative Committee
- Public Health Institute of Western Massachusetts (Convener)
- Dementia Friendly Coalition/Springfield Partners for Community Action
- Baystate Health Medical Center Geriatrics Department
- Mass Senior Action Council
- Greater Springfield Senior Services Inc.
- Men of Color Health Awareness (MOCHA)
- Pioneer Valley Transit Authority (PVTA)
- Springfield Department of Elder Affairs
- Springfield Department of Health and Human Services/ Mass in Motion
- Springfield Office of Housing and Neighborhood Services
- Springfield Office of Planning and Economic Development
- Revitalize CDC
- Way Finders